Distance Education

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Blog Assignment : Fitting the Pieces Together


 Fitting the Pieces Together.

In all honesty, my view cannot be interpreted like change. It is better represented as “enhanced” by ever increasing pace of information every week. My ability to improve, access educational resources, and people’s network through blog websites. Finally, I learned more of new methods, skills, tools, software information, and gained knowledge on how to improve my personalized learning strategies, and how to integrate technology in instructional design process. 

In the past few weeks, I learned a lot as stated in my Learning Theory Matrix. It gave me the ability to  synthesize the various learning theories, by expanding my mental capabilities, comparing notes  and disseminating information as part of my work process, building personal network, and responding to various perspectives /feedback from my peers.

Responding to what role does Technology play on my learning? I will prefer to reverse the question to ask: How can technology better influence learning?
As stated in my discussion this week,  learners benefit from the use of a particular technology  when the method provided by the technology represents the salient part of student learning expectation, tasks, and aligns with the instructional design  usefulness of the concept as stated by the facilitator.

My experience in this course has been a fascinating one. I had no dull moment.  I saved a lot of resources, websites, software’s, and articles for future reference.  I would like to say that technology enhanced and encouraged me as a tool to dig dipper into numerous aspects of learning theories, learning styles, and resources out there.
Jonassen (1996) and other researchers have shown  that learning process might be changed as an effect of predominant media being used, because technology  or media has been successfully  evaluated  as a type of cognitive- mind tool.
 Technologies assist me to relate, associate and organize new ideas with previous knowledge.  In my understanding, I use technology for everything. I found out that a method may be applicable but the process may time-consuming. Technology has helped me to find the right tool for trade and complete learning and work process in a timely fashion.








No comments:

Post a Comment